Thursday, August 16, 2007

Catching Up: Fuhrer Furor; Worley Gigs

Sorry for the absence. You wouldn't believe what I've been up, even if I told you all the gory details.

Catching up ... you probably already know about these things, but I want to chime in.

Der Fuhrer Says

Joe Reed has come under fire for referring to Bradley Byrne as the "Fuhrer". Now, I don't mind a bit of hyperbole in political debate and discourse. However, I do find it obnoxious of Reed to throw this label out.

It seems to me that if Don Imus was wrong to call black girls "nappy headed ho's", then it would be just as wrong for a Reed to say Byrne is Alabama's version of a fascist who committed genocide against millions of people.

Worley vs. Riley

Governor Riley may miss having the voter registration system in 100% compliance by the deadline, but his folks have been much better than Nancy Worley in getting us into compliance.

In the 3 years Worley had to work on the project, she got nowhere.

No contract.

No equipment or software purchases.

No installation.

Riley has the system nearly complete in about a year's time.

UPDATE: Are we to be surprised that the Alabama Democratic Party's blogger has this ridiculous post indicting Beth Chapman for the new system not being up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What’s ridiculous is your postings to that item. Why do call out their blogger by his first name, as if you know him, but refuse to identify yourself? Where's your courage?

Anonymous said...

Coming from an anonymous commenter, that says alot.

RogueWriter said...

Anonymous (if that's your real name; well, even if it's not), I don't care of someone comments on my blog as anonymously. I weigh someone's comments based on the strength of their argument, not based on who the commenter is. In fact, that's why I permit anonymous comments.

As for your particular comments, they are nothing since you don't even speak to the issues at hand.

As for calling out the aladems blogger by using his first name, his first name is readily available if you click on his nick to view his profile on that site. It's not like I was releasing ... um the secret identity of a covert agent!