Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Potential Juror: Racist, Homophobe - and Liar

The Boston Globe has this entertaining story about a man trying to avoid jury duty.
 
This exchange is great, although it and the answers on his juror questionnaire may get him charged with perjury:

After excusing the other prospective jurors, Nickerson, concerned about Ellis's questionnaire, called him back.

"You say on your form that you're not a fan of homosexuals?" Nickerson asked Ellis, according to the preliminary transcript.

"That I'm a racist," Ellis interrupted, according to the transcript. "I'm frequently found to be a liar, too."

"I'm sorry?" Nickerson said.

"I said I'm frequently found to be a liar," Ellis replied.

"So, are you lying to me now?" asked Nickerson.

"Well, I don't know. I might be," said Ellis.

No comments: